Citing concerns for increasing threats to the Florida Keys from COVID-19, Monroe County officials announced Thursday it is closed to all tourists and leisure visitors, lodging establishment are no longer accepting reservations until further notice, including extending extensions of current reservations, and by 6 p.m. on Sunday, all hotels, short term (less than 28 days) vacation rentals, and other transient rentals like marinas, RV parks, and timeshares will cease renting to tourists for 14 days. The ban does not include rentals for military, first responders, health care workers, and construction workers actively engaged in projects in Monroe County.
- Monroe county fishing bridges and boat ramps are closed.
- Key Colony Beach is closed to visitors until May 31, 2020
Monroe County Emergeny Management
City of Marathon
Coco Plum Vacation Rentals understands your concerns about traveling in today's world. The health and safety of our staff and you our valued guests is foremost on our minds. We are currently taking the following precautions:
1. Our physical office is closed to visitors as we are working remotely as much as possible.
2. We are utilizing a hospital grade cleaning product effective against corona viruses and disinfecting hard surfaces, door knobs and light switches.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Publix Announces Senior Shopping Hours
March 19, 2020 -Publix will be designating Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, 7 - 8 a.m., as senior shopping hours for customers age 65 and over. This change in hours will begin Tuesday, March 24, and continue until further notice. Our pharmacies will also open at 7 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to serve our senior population. According to the CDC, individuals over the age of 65 are at an increased risk of complications from the COVID-19. Publix is offering these expanded hours to better support our elder community.
Beaches: As of today 3/19/20 City of Marathon beaches are closed but County parks and beaches are open. The state has closed all state owned parks including Bahia Honda
Where to Eat: Most restaurants are offering pick up service.
- Burdines: Check out the french fries and fried key lime pie
- Overseas Pub: All the food is great!
- Brutus Seafood: Great fresh seafood
- Irie Island eats: It's all yummy